keskiviikko 11. tammikuuta 2012

My Gear part I

Hi!

I wondered that i start to post my guitars, effects, amplifiers etc to here, if someone is interested ( i know there might be few )

Ok, i start out with my newest guitar : Burns of London "Marquee" model

I bought this guitar from Turku, http://www.superostis.net/ it was new when i bought it 2-3 years ago and it cost app. 400 - 500 euros, not bad?

My main idea was to get guitar that is nothing like i already have, something like mix of Strat or Tele and has tremolo unit. This seemed to be a perfect choice and i havent regret it. I think The Shadows played with this guitar so a big fan of twang and country sounding guitars this one was my choice.

I havent used this in the studio ( soon will ) I have used it when i have made new Callisto songs and it is also a main instrument in my other two bands ( Jumalan lapset and my new band Uhrijuhla ) With Callisto new songs this suits perfectly ( really noisy, Sonic youth type of sound but also excellent clean sound ) and with other bands really great twang and country sound in it.

The tunings that i use with this are mainly open tunings ( BF#BD#F#B / BF#BDF#B and BEBEG#B) and occasially i have to use Capo in some songs. i play with slide a lot, so open tunings are my choice with this guitar.

  • Alder or basswood body
  • Bi-flex two way truss rod
  • Scroll headstock
  • Burns designed machine heads
  • 43mm nut width
  • Bolt-on hardrock maple neck
  • Rosewood or maple fingerboard scale length: 25.5", 22 frets
  • Three Burns Alnico Rez-o-matik pickups
  • Classic polyester finish
  • Burns deluxe tremolo unit
  • Five way selector switch
  • Gold hardware as standard
  • One master volume
  • Two tone controls
  • Push/pull pickup selector

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti